How to setup Linksys Router
Have you got a Brand new Linksys Router, but don’t know how to perform setup? Linksys router setup is very easy of course, though it seems complex task. Linksys is one of the best brands available in market most of all it is trustworthy. Now a days it has become so much difficult to survive without the internet. We always want to stay connected to the internet, even at home we can’t sit for one minute without looking at our phones. We are very much curious about what is going on in the online world. Now a days everyone want good internet connection without any hindrance. Linksys router allows you to have internet access in any place and provides you the best internet connection. Linksys router is the one you would love to have if you are looking for quick and easy access to the internet for playing your favourite games, watching movies or streaming Netflix shows. But the question now in front of us is that How to setup Linksys router? We are here to help you go past this problem. We have researched a lot and come up with uncomplicated setup steps for you. What you are required to do is just follow the below mentioned steps and execute them carefully. If you would like to know more about Linksys, click on this link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linksys .
The setup process works for the following Linksys router models.
- Linksys – MAX-STREAM AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router with 4-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch
- Linksys – Velop Tri-Band Whole Home Wi-Fi System
- Linksys – Max-Stream™ AC2200 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router
- Linksys – VELOP Wireless-AC2200 Whole Home Wi-Fi System
- Linksys – AC1200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router
- Linksys – EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router
- Linksys – WRT32X AC3200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Gaming Router with Killer Prioritization Engine
- Linksys – Wireless-AC3200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router
- Linksys – Max-Stream™ AC1750 Wi-Fi Router
- Linksys – Wireless-AC1750 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router
- Linksys – Max-Stream™ AC4000 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router
- Linksys – Velop AC2200 Tri-Band Whole Home Wi-Fi System
- Linksys – AC1600 802.11ac Smart Wi-Fi Router
- Linksys – Dual-Band AC1900 Router with DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
You can also setup the Linksys router without CD (manually) and for this you need to perform four procedures to your computer that is connected to ISP (Internet Service Provider).
- Verifying that internet connection is active.
In this procedure connect your computer to the modem using an Ethernet cable. If your system is getting internet connection then proceed to next step or in case you are not getting internet connection, then contact to ISP.
- Connect the devices together.
- Connect the cable modem to the router’s WAN or Internet port.
- Connect a system to any of the Linksys router’s numbered ports (1, 2, 3 or 4). If you are using a wireless computer then you will need to connect it first with an Ethernet cable.
- Now connect the power adapter your Linksys router to the power outlet.
- Check the Router’s LED.
After connecting the devices together, check out the lights on the front panel of your Linksys router. Make sure that the lights corresponding to the ports where the Ethernet cables are connected to are lit. For more information, click on this link https://www.linksys.com/my/support-article?articleNum=132206 .
- Configuring a Linksys router for cable internet connection.
Step1: First of all access the Linksys router web based set up page for this open any web browser (For e.g. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari) and enter Linksys router default IP address (192.168.1.1) in the address bar of the web browser.
Step2: Now you are required to enter the login details. If you haven’t changed the default settings of your router then leave username field blank or enter admin (depends on your Linksys router model, click on this link https://portforward.com/router-password/linksys.htm ) and enter admin in the password field and click on OK.
Note: If the error message pops up that means you have entered the wrong password. Try accessing the router web based setup page again and enter the correct password. If you forget your password, click on this link for solution http://kb.linksys.com/my/support-article?articleNum=139791 .
Step3: Afterwards on the Setup tab click MAC Address Clone.
Note: A Media Access Control (MAC) Address is a unique identifier pre-assigned to the network adapter of the system. This is used by most Cable ISPs for authentication so that subscribers can establish Internet connection.
That is why for Linksys router to work with your ISP, you have to enable the MAC Address Clone feature.
Step4: Select Enabled and after that click on Clone My PC’s MAC.
Step5: Now at last click on save settings.
You should now be able to access the internet. If not, then you are required to powercycle a Linksys router. To know How to Powercycle a Linksys router, click on this link https://techsupporttotallyfree.com/2018/04/how-to-powercycle-a-linksys-router/ .
Setup Linksys router with CD.
If you have a setup CD along with you then it could be very simple task for you to setup Linksys router. With CD you are not required to download the setup software from the internet. What you are supposed to do in CD setup is just follow the instructions when window pops up. In case, if you don’t have setup CD, then click on this link https://techsupporttotallyfree.com/2018/04/how-to-setup-linksys-router-without-cd/ to know How to setup Linksys router without CD.
We have tried our level best to resolve your issue (How to setup Linksys Router). We hope you find the information above helpful. In case you find any difficulty in getting any step mentioned above then please do let us know. We will be glad to help you out. Our experts are always there for you not matter how small or complex your problem is.