How to fix Canon Printer is offline
You can find a Canon printer in almost every household that has a computer as this machine is capable of printing on things beyond plain copy paper. Now a days it’s hard to imagine computer without a Canon printer. Printer popping up the offline status is a very common issue of printer’s so yours Canon printer is no exception. We usually get afraid or uncomfortable when we faced a problem. There is no need to be worry or become uncomfortable. May be you are not doing exactly what you are supposed to be doing. No matter how hard it bothers you, you can fix the problem simply by reading the full article. So if you are struggling with this issue look through the following points. Begin to apply them and you will be on the road to fix canon printer when offline.
When you are attempting to print in a wireless LAN environment, message Printer is offline may appear. There are several possible reasons for this message.
- The computer and access point (or wireless router) have lost the connection. Restart your system and attempt to print it again.
How to restart the computer to resolve software errors or installation issues?
Rebooting the computer is a good primary step to begin resolving the software or installation issues.
Go through the suitable Operating System for instructions to restart your system:
Click on the Start button
Now click the arrow to the right of the Shutdown button.
Afterwards click ‘Restart’ from the menu that appears.
Click on to the start button
Now click the arrow to the right of the Lock button.
Afterwards click ‘Restart’ from the menu that appears.
Click on Start
Now select the ‘Turn off computer’.
Windows 2000/Windows98/Windows ME
Click on Start.
Now select Turn off computer.
Mac OS 9.x
Click on Special
Mac OS X
Click on the Apple menu (Apple Symbol)
Important Note: If the system trouble prevents restarting the PC then you can use the power switch to turn the PC off, wait a few seconds and then use the power switch to turn the PC on again. If system trouble still halt the restart of the PC, refer to the computer’s manufacturer for further assistance.
- The access point (or wireless router) and wireless printer may not communicating to each other. Power off and then back on the access point and printer to reinstate the communication.
Cycle the power on the printer and Router / Access Point to restore communication.
Cycle the power
If the printer was previously printing (or scanning) via wireless communication but can no longer do so, it may be necessary to cycle the power on the printer and the access point (also referred to as wireless router) to reinstate the communication. Before doing this, verify that the system can communicate with your access point (or wireless router).
On your Canon printer, press the ON button to power off the printer.
Wait for about 10 seconds, then press the ON button to power your printer back on.
On the access point that is also referred to as wireless router, if there is any power button, press it to turn off the device, then press it again to re-power after waiting for about 10 seconds.* In case if there is no power button, you may have to disconnect the power cord or AC adapter. Check it with the device’s user manual.
* Wireless communication of all the devices on the wireless network will be lost while you do this.
- The Canon printer is set offline. Open the Printers folder to set the printer back to online state. To know how, click on this link https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART161317 .
- Your Canon printer is not set as the default printer. Check out the Printers folder to set the Canon printer as default.
- To confirm that your Canon printer is set as the default printer on a Windows computer, click on this link https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART153451
- To confirm that your Canon printer is set as the default printer on a Macintosh computer, click on this link https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART153454 .
- Configure the printer driver to the correct port – MX712
* In the below instructions, “XXX” signifies your machine’s name.
- Log on as a user account with the administrator privilege.
- Now select items from the [Start] menu as mentioned below.
For Windows 7, select [Devices and Printers] from the [Start] menu.
For Windows Vista, select the [Start] menu > [Control Panel] > [Hardware and Sound] > [Printers].
For Windows XP, select the [Start] menu > [Control Panel] > [Printers and Other Hardware] > [Printers and Faxes].
- Open the properties of your printer driver for the machine.
For Windows 7, right-click the “Canon XXX Printer” icon (where “XXX” is your machine’s name), then select [Printer properties].
For Windows Vista or Windows XP, right-click the “Canon XXX Printer” icon (where “XXX” is your machine’s name), then select [Properties].
- Click on the Ports tab to confirm the port settings.
Ensure that a port named “USBnnn” (where “n” is a number) with “Canon XXX Printer” appearing in the [Printer] column is selected for [Print to the following port(s)].
When the machine is used over LAN, the port name of the machine is displayed as “CNBJNP_xxxxxxxxxx”.
* “xxxxxxxxxx” is the character string generated from the MAC address or a character string specified by the user when setting up the machine.
- Your Canon printer is able to detect nearby access points. If an incorrect access point was accidentally selected then there is no need to worry about, you will be able to select correct one. Confirm the network name matches the one selected on the printer and one selected on the system.
To confirm the network name matches the one selected on the printer and the one on a Windows system, click on this link https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART137587 .
To confirm the network name matches the one selected on the printer and the one on a Macintosh system, click on this link https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART135612 .
We have tried our best to solve your problem (How to fix Canon Printer when offline). So apply the above mentioned points and you will definitely solve your problem without much trouble.